CONNECT

NOTD: Dots, Dots and More Dots

Happy Sunday, everyone! I'm here to show you my New Year-inspired nail design. Yes, I know it's the 43rd day of 2012 already. Err, late much? I'll explain why later :)


Anyway, this nail design was my entry to Caronia's January website promo. The goal was to create an original design inspired by any of these three New Year symbols: polka dots, round fruits and fireworks.

I didn't want to post this too early because I didn't want to spoil everything :)

Nails of the day with Caronia nail polish in Golden Sun, Elianto nail color in Bronzy, Wish gold glitter top coat, and Etude House Petit Darling Nails in WH702.


Since gradients seem to be the only kind of nail art I'm good at, I chose to go with that as my background. Then I just added some dotted detailing at the base.


I chose a yellow-orange gradient to represent the sun - you know, New Year, sunrise, start of something new? (High School Musical? LOL) For the base color, I used Golden Sun which is one of my many favorite shades from Caronia. The technique I used to create the gradient is similar to the one I used in my underwater nail design which you can see *HERE.*


I had a hard time choosing what color the dots should be. Ended up with white, haha. Some of the dots weren't perfect even though I used a legit dotting tool, and the dotted lines weren't as straight as I wanted them to be. 'Twas frustrating, really, but I didn't want to re-do everything.

Here's my actual entry. They said it has to be a beauty shot (for identification purposes), hence the shot there in the middle.


And guess what...

I WON! I'll show you my prizes in another post. It's not my first time to win in Caronia's website promos - I join almost every month! - but the prize package for the January promo was 'larger' than usual :D (Read about my other prizes from Caronia *here* and *here.*)

Hope you like my New Year-inspired nails! I know the design's not perfect but I'm still proud of it :D

Comments

  1. i like the tone of the base color :) going to try it soon <3 heheee

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful honey, it's just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of my last nail art! Hihihi! - http://www.gelleesh.com/2012/01/nail-of-week-019-orange-you-glad-today.html Orange din with dots. Pero sa akin ang dots nasa side pa quarter moon shape ang dating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning, Aya! I love your design! Reminds me of Honey and caramel... It looks so sweet yet so classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you go girl!!! congrats for winning that contest! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! congratulations aya... papahaba nako ng nails at gagayahin ko to.. Inggitera mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks so much, Rakshanda :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Go lang :) Thanks, Jade :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i miss elianto :( nice colors ayabell!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the gradient effect and you nails make me think of citrus and the added dots is a nice touch.

    BTW I tagged you for the nail polish tag here
    http://lovefemme.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-think-its-given-i-heart-nailpolish.html#more 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Che! Will look at the tag now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)