CONNECT

Review: Body Recipe Pure Coco Oil Skin Moisturizing Body Scrub

Hi everyone! How's your weekend so far? First of all, I just want to thank everyone who wished me well for my chemistry licensure exam which I took last week. I am now officially a chemist. Click *here* to read my very special message to you, my readers and friends :)

Anyway, to celebrate, I'm posting about this product that I have been LOVING and raving so much about since I started using it. What is this product??? 


Well, it's the Body Recipe Skin Moisturizing Body Scrub, of course! 

I got this on sale during HBC's Great at 88 promo. I got a really good deal with this one! This 250-g tub is regularly priced at 178 PhP but during the sale it was priced at only 88 PhP. AWESOME.

Body Recipe has four variants of body scrub - Pure Coco Oil, Calamansi, Milk and Papaya. I got the moisturizing one because I'm not-so-into skin lightening products anymore. And the Pure Coco Oil variant smells NICEEEEE!


Exfoliation should be part of everyone's skin care routine. And I mean "skin" as in not only your face-skin but also the rest-of-your-body-skin. Basically, what a body/facial scrub does is that it scrubs off dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Exfoliation helps get rid of old flaky skin and helps bring out that smooth, soft and healthy-looking skin. Now, who wouldn't want smooth, soft and healthy-looking skin??? :)

For me, this body scrub does everything it claims to do. And that's a good thing, of course. Read on to know more... :)

Description (from Body Recipe): Indulge your skin with Body Recipe Skin Moisturizing Body Scrub Pure Coco Oil that has scrub beads and coconut oil. Moisturizes and nourishes skin and buffs away dirt and dead skin cells. Use two to three times a week for smoother skin that glows.

Directions for use
Ingredients list
I think this is the first body scrub that I've ever used. I wasn't really a fan of body scrubs before. I did (and still do) use a facial scrub, though. Click *here* to read about my skin care routine. 

The first thing I noticed was the smell of this product. It smells really nice! I don't think I'll ever get tired of the smell of this one :) 


The product itself looks like marshmallow fluff!


The scrub beads aren't obvious but trust me, they're there! The texture is a bit different from that of usual scrubs but not in a bad way. I haven't seen a lot of body scrubs, though.

Why do I like this body scrub so much??? The first time I used this I immediately felt my skin become softer and smoother. That's before I even rinsed the product off. I applied Body Recipe Hand and Body Lotion after and my skin felt really really smooth and soft! From that moment, I knew I'd enjoy using this product.

A little goes a long way with this product. I don't know how long it will take for me to finish this whole tub. I'm tempted to use this every time I take a bath but over-exfoliation is not good for the skin!

What I like about this product:
  • Makes my skin soft and smooth
  • Keeps my skin looking healthy and doesn't leave my skin dry even if I don't apply lotion after usage
  • The scrub beads aren't harsh on my skin at all
  • Smells really nice
  • Doesn't irritate my skin
  • Affordable. I got this on sale for only P88 but the regular price is P178 for 250g of product. I think Asian Secrets has a body scrub that is less expensive than this one but I haven't tried that yet.
  • Many variants available. If you're into skin whitening, there are variants for that, too :)
  • Widely available. Check the HBC near you :)

There's nothing much that I hate about this product. The smell doesn't last long on the skin, though. But that's not such a big deal for me.

I'm not sure if the Body Recipe body scrubs come in smaller tubs. Smaller tubs would be really convenient for travelling and for people who want to try the product out first and see if it works for them before they purchase the big thing.

I use this twice a week and apply body lotion after for that really smooth skin. This is my favorite product from HBC so far! Maybe I can give Body Recipe scrubs as gifts on Christmas? Hahaha!

For more information about other HBC products, visit the following pages.

Have you tried using body scrubs before? What's your fave body scrub? :)


Disclaimer: Product was purchased using points provided by the company but the views and opinions expressed in this post are purely mine and based on my own experience with the product.

Comments

  1. i love body recipe . but i use the cucumber one :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cucumber? The lotion? Or the eye cream? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scrub sounds so decadent! I would love to pamper myself with something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used mine everyday hahaha cause i love scrubs and they give me reason to indulge in body butter. i didnt get that though. i got the goats milk. pero ubos na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used the goats milk everyday when i still had it. nice small scrubs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ay mali pala. i mean Calamansi. body scrub. :) Btw sis, i'm having a giveaway too, hope you could join. http://kikaysimaria.blogspot.com/2011/09/kikaysimaria-and-bb-cream-addict-pre.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try to use the other variants next time :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! So tempting nga gamitin everyday eh. :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hihi go try to dear. This one is just amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love body scrub too, I use random local brand here, it's nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna check this out at hbc=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet mabango ang calamansi nito.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats aya! i haven't tried this yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer a scent that doesn't last too long. Sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I need a better exfoliate...heh. Thanks for sharing this review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not really a fan of coco products but I love the fact that this one really smooths your skin.. maybe I should try the different scent though :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yey! This is my first time to use a body scrub. :D And I'm glad my first one works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oo nga eh. Will try to smell it next time I stop by HBC. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Then you might wanna try this one :)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. No prob dear! Thanks for reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yey! Check the other variants too. And they have facial scrub versions, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, maybe you should try the others! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)