CONNECT

Shopping for THE Dress and Shoes

My parents took me shopping for my grad ensemble last weekend. I was actually super excited for this. I've been waiting for this for five loooooong months! I think shopping for the outfit is more fun than the graduating part. Ohhhhh just kidding, of course! ;)

The rules: The dress has to be short that it won't be visible outside the gown (toga). The shoes have to be black AND closed.




Went to SM Department Store first. I looked around with my mom (she knows my taste when it comes to clothes so having her around when clothes shopping is always really helpful). I was a bit hoping I wouldn't have a hard time fitting (because, as you'll see in the pics below, I'm a bit on the heavier side ;]). Good thing the dresses came in free size and I had no trouble fitting at all. I ended up trying on several dresses (about 6, if I remember correctly). My mom and the SA kept throwing stuff over the fitting room door for me to try on. O_O I only took pictures of those that I liked the most, though. 

#1: Black from Viola


Close-up
On me

I like the design of this one - the neckline, the semi-puffed sleeves and the empire-ish waistline. I like that it's flowy, too. Looks simple and very wearable.

#2: Black from Cignal


Close-up
On me

I like the ruched sleeves and the draped neckline. I don't like the way it flows, though. It's a bit clingy for me. I don't think it complements my body.

#3 Brown from Viola

This is just the same as Dress #1 but in brown.


Close-up
On me

This was actually the first dress that caught my eye but I decided to try on the black one first. I like this one better and I ended up taking it home :)

Now onto the shoes... Mario D' boros were (and still) on sale for 399 and 499 Php so I checked those out. 



Got a pair of black pumps...



AND THEN I saw these supah cute nubuck pumps. Love at first sight.



I asked if they had black ones of these. No black version but I still grabbed them. 'Twas a real impulsive move but they're on sale, anyway! ;P

And that's it for my grad haul. Yay for new stuff! Can't wait to use them! :D

How about you? Any recent purchases? Have an awesome day!!! :)

Check out my graduation post *here.*

Comments

  1. hahaha, I know how fun and tiring at the same time shopping for a specific outfit is... I can still remember how long it took me to find the perfect black dress and black pumps for my graduation way back 2005...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The graduation part is fun-ner! You get to see people wearing mile-high heels and then stumble in front of all these people upon reaching the foot of the stage. Oh well, the perks of being in front during graduation... :P

    I remember White Chicks, "maybe a nice dress..." I actually like the black dress from Cignal on you! -Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! I'm also shopping for a grad dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! those shoes are such a steal! super cheap! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hollie, hahaha! Yah fun and tiring, exactly! :D

    @Cream Puff, LOL I hope I won't stumble or anything. Haha you know me and my clumsiness :/ (The heels are not that high)

    @Tara, thank you! Congrats too! :D

    @FashionEggplant, yeah! I hope they last long with me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Aya. How I miss being at school..But graduating is really a great feeling. I love your shoes, and the shoes from Mario D Boros are cute ah..I remember when I bought my dress and shoes for Graduation, I bought a pair at Celine first then the next day got a cute dress from Greenhills and they didn't match so I end up buying another pair..hehe pamamaraan ko lang daw yun said my mama. Post pix of the graduation huh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jenggay! Hahaha ganyan ang style! LOL Yes, I will post! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you graduating from high school? College? Congrats either way :) It's fun to shop for an occasion outfit but make sure you will find one you can wear many times :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats!!! you wear toga in LB? white dress for diliman eh...anyways, I love the brown shoes!!! kaso I dont wear those anymore...talk about having an active toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy grad Aya! And those dresses are cute on you. :) I remember spending one whole day just looking for one dress. Haha! Kakapagod!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rainy Days and Lattes, thanks! Graduating from college. I actually graduated last October but the ceremony is on the 26th :)

    @Debi, thank you! Yep toga kami. In UPD nga it's different eh. Hahaha. Anyway, love the shoes too :D

    @Ava, thank you!!! :)

    @Char, thanks! Kapagod nga pero worth it ang pagod. Hahaha:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can still remember when i was just grad shopping a few months back :)) i went in many stores!!! :)) love your grad haul aya!! post a makeup of the day sa grad mo ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Aya! I came from LB too, VetMed. Nakakamiss ang proven sa Raymundo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss school! How I wish I can go back. :) The dress looks good. Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the second dress! But I think you like the first/third more, so... :) Whoa~ Php399-499? That is really a great deal!! *O* And btw, congratulations on your graduation! ^^

    xo,
    Hercy
    http://hercymonroe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Hazel, we went to Dept Store first. Luckily, I found one there so I didn't have to go to other stores. Haha. Thank you Hazel! Yes, I will post a grad FOTD! :D

    @Mitch, me too! I just picked one in brown instead of black :D

    @Jes, thank you! Cooool, you're from LB din pala! :D

    @Geishcharles, thanks!!! Love it too! But I picked the brown one. They're just the same, anyway :D

    @Catmare, thank you so much! :)

    @Vintage Makeup, thanks!

    @Hercy, the shoes are really a steal! Thank you Hercy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations! :D love the first dress! i love shopping its tiring though but its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Beauty Addict, true that! Thanks Ann!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! Yes, that dress looks better on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i can still remember when i was just grad shopping a few months back :)) i went in many stores!!! :)) love your grad haul aya!! post a makeup of the day sa grad mo ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Jenggay! Hahaha ganyan ang style! LOL Yes, I will post! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Hollie, hahaha! Yah fun and tiring, exactly! :D

    @Cream Puff, LOL I hope I won't stumble or anything. Haha you know me and my clumsiness :/ (The heels are not that high)

    @Tara, thank you! Congrats too! :D

    @FashionEggplant, yeah! I hope they last long with me :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)