CONNECT

NOTD and Tutorial: Sparkly Blue Gradient Nails



Nails of the day care of Caronia Frosted in Bliss and Wish Nail Colors Glitter Polish. Read on if you wanna know how to create this sparkly baby blue gradient look.


I created my first gradient nail look in my post *here.* I used three different polishes for that. This time around, I used only one color to create the gradient. Can't be any simpler than this, me thinks :)

I said in my previous NOTDs that I'm not a fan of sheer polishes. Then it struck me that sheer nail colors work perfectly for gradient effects. So I immediately rummaged through my polishes and looked for a sheer one. Lo and behold, Caronia in Bliss!

What to do:

1. Apply base coat of choice to protect your nails from being stained (or stained further, in my case) ;P

2. Apply one coat of the sheer polish all over the nail. I used Caronia Frosted in Bliss. Let dry.

See how sheer this polish is?
3. Apply another coat of the polish, covering only about two-thirds of the nail from the tip. You may choose to apply the polish from the tip and work your way down, or the other way around. The messier, the more gradient-y. Let dry.


4. Apply another coat of polish, covering only about one-third of the nail from the tip. Simply put, create a thick French tip. Let dry.


5. At this point, the edges of the layers may look a bit harsh. To soften the edges, top the color with a glitter polish of choice. I used Wish Nail Colors Glitter Polish (the gold one). Wrap the tips as you go along. You may choose to apply top coat but I didn't anymore because I didn't want to end up with a thick layer of polish.


And then you're done! Honestly, I was a little bit frustrated because I couldn't get my cam to capture the real color of the glitters :( They look dark blue to black in the pics but they're actually gold.


Anyway, easy-peasey, right? What do you think? Lemme know if you're gonna try this, ok? :D

Comments

  1. Perfect for summer! -Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been obsessing about my nail polishes lately that i've been switching nail colors after like two days of wear lol, i can't wait to try this ones i get my new polishes kasi the ones i have are all creme and very opaque hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Aya! :)) I've never tried gradient nails. The most na I've tried are French tips. Ngek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and easy use tutorial, I've tried this method but the layers become to thick and hard to dry, maybe I need to change up the nail polish I used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! So cool ;) Should try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the uber cool tutorial aya. i should try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's pretty and easy on the eye! I really like it, very suitable for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cream Puff, it's kinda refreshing to look at! Haha reminds me of the Pond's facial wash with menthol beads. LOL

    @Donna, haha! 2 days! I'm so glad I found a use for my sheer polishes :D

    @Mitch, yey :) Lemme see after! :D

    @Yen, thank you! Haha try this, easy as 1-2-3 :D

    @Che, hmmm yeah, I think so to. Luckily mine didn't end up thick. It doesn't have a thick formula to begin with :)

    @Burning Sies, thanks! Yes, do! :D

    @Sugar, no problem-o!:D Lemme see after :DDD

    @Hollie, thanks :) Yeah, it does, now that I think about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like it! I do my gradients with a sponge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute gradient. Perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Elaine, thanks! I've tried sponging once too but it didn't turn out the way I wanted to. Haha I need more practice! :D

    @Catmare, thanks you! It's so refreshing to look at :/)

    @Beauty-Addict, thanks Ann!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I want! I love the way it turned out! I am going to try this, thanks for posting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @MJ, glad you like it. Let me see what you end up with, k? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did this but it didn't come out as gradient as I'd hope coz I have really short nails.

    That blue is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Rae, yeah it's harder for short nails... it's really nice! Glad I found a use for its sheerness :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Elaine, thanks! I've tried sponging once too but it didn't turn out the way I wanted to. Haha I need more practice! :D

    @Catmare, thanks you! It's so refreshing to look at :/)

    @Beauty-Addict, thanks Ann!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tutorial Aya! :)) I've never tried gradient nails. The most na I've tried are French tips. Ngek.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks aya for this tip.. gotta find the bliss caronia (minsan lang hirap talaga ko lagay polishes nila)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)