CONNECT

Review: Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Trio

I mentioned in my WNW haul post that these trios have already been discontinued. However, thanks to eBay, I was able to get them. I got mine in Egyptian Sands and Venetian Violets.


The packaging is ok. I mean, it looks a li'l flimsy but the shadows don't fall off the case so I don't mind the packaging very much. Besides, these palettes are really inexpensive so I didn't expect high-end packaging in the first place. Each palette comes with a pop-out mirror and a tiny sponge tip applicator which I don't use.


Comes with a pop-out mirror
These are my first Wet N Wild e/s and I am loving them so far!

L-R: Egyptian Sands, Venetian Violets
Here are the swatches.

No primer applied. T-B: Without flash/natural lighting,
With flash/indoor lighting
Egyptian Sands (ES):
  • browbone color - cream
  • crease color - peach-gold
  • eyelid color - bronze
Venetian Violets (VV): 
  • browbone color - cool off-white/super pale purple
  • crease color -  medium violet
  • eyelid color - pale purple/lilac. 
These shadows have a satin finish which I like. I enjoyed swatching them because they are really soft to touch and can be blended easily. The shadows in ES are all well-pigmented; those in VV are less pigmented. I also noticed that the VV highlight color is a bit sheer compared to the others.

All in all, I like these palettes - the texture and the pigmentation (especially with Egyptian Sands) and the price! I got these online for 99.75 Php each. As I've said, Mega Eyes Trios have already been discontinued but there are lots of resellers out there. And there are six color themes to choose from.

Comments

  1. Thank goodness for Ebay when it comes to discontinued items, right? :) The brush is SO tiny! That is the smallest brush I've ever seen :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I saw this on ebay too and was wondering if the formulation is the same as their coloricon ones. I plan on buying the coloricon trios :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. I'm now getting into Wet n Wild cosmetics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. niiice! i like the venetian violets! not so dark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rainy Days and Lattes, so true! And the brush, it's so cute :D

    @Elaine, I don't have the color icon trios yet. But I want! I've read lots of good things about them.

    @Michelle, yey :D WNW's stepping up their products na lately (IMO).

    @Hazel, yeah! I use this more often than Egyptian Sands, actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need o hop on the bandwagon of Wet and Wild :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! the price is a steal girl! you are lucky :)

    i love the violets. and oh! that palette is so unique. meron pang instruction. meron kaya ng ganito sa dept stores like SM?

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Louise, yes!!! Hahahaha :D

    @Reina, they're so cheap nga talaga. Di ko lang sure kung meron pa sa dept stores kasi discontinued na :( But thanks to eBay, you can still get some :) Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the Ejyptian Sands palette. Looks good for a neutral look :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these palettes too! Wet n Wild rocks! I buy them at ebay.ph too... from seller jnlink777... she's got tons of really super affordable makeup. Most of my makeup is actually bought from ebay. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. @PopBlush, yeah it does :D

    @Hollie, I bought this from Ms. Meg, too! Hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. really want to try these palettes by WNW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Christine, try them!!!:) Would probably get the Color Icon ones next. Been hearing loads of good stuff about those :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Egyptiand Sands look lovely! Great swatches, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @G A B Y, yes it does! :D You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the finish. I gravitate towards shimmers and sheens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @G A B Y, yes it does! :D You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Louise, yes!!! Hahahaha :D

    @Reina, they're so cheap nga talaga. Di ko lang sure kung meron pa sa dept stores kasi discontinued na :( But thanks to eBay, you can still get some :) Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the Ejyptian Sands palette. Looks good for a neutral look :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's my fave neutral palette:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)