CONNECT

DIY: Make Your Own Lip Scrub Part 2 - Honey Scrub

This post is the continuation of the lip scrub post I wrote a couple of days ago. In that post, I talked a little bit about the importance of lip exfoliation and showed you how to make a sugar lip scrub. You can read that post *here* if you haven't already. 

Now for my second lip scrub post, I am going to show you how to make a honey scrub.

Homemade honey scrub
To make a honey scrub, you need honey (of course), olive oil and sugar. Honey helps cleanse and hydrate your lips, sugar acts as an abrasive that helps remove dead skin from the lips, and olive oil  keeps the lips moisturized.

Olive oil, honey and sugar
1. Add 2 teaspoons of honey to 3 teaspoons of olive oil. You may scale down the measurements if you are not planning to store any excess lip scrub.


2. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and mix well until it forms a paste.


3. Make sure your lips are clean before application. Gently rub the mixture on your lips and let it sit on your lips for 3 to 5 minutes or until it dries. You can use your clean fingers or a soft toothbrush to scrub the lips with the paste.

4. Wipe off with a soft cloth or rinse with warm water.

5. Apply your favorite lip balm to keep the lips moisturized. 

6. Transfer any excess scrub to a tight lid container and store in a refrigerator. Make sure not to get water in it  to avoid bacterial growth.


Homemade honey scrub
And there you have it... your very own homemade honey scrub. There are many variations to this recipe. You can opt to use baking soda instead of sugar. If you plan on doing that, add a only a minimum amount of olive oil to a mixture of equal amounts of honey and baking soda.

I know I've already said the following in my previous post but I'm gonna say them again anyway. Do not over-exfoliate. That may just damage and make your lips crack even more. You can exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week, or 3 times at the most. Also, do not make too much lip scrub at once. Homemade scrubs like this do not contain preservatives, therefore they cannot be stored for very long. You can keep your scrub for up to two weeks. After that, throw it away. If you don't want to store your scrub, scale down the measurements.

And that's it for now. I hope you found this post helpful! Visit my other posts for more tutorials, makeup and skin care tips.

Comments

  1. Did you buy the container in Daiso? LOL! I think I have the same ones!

    I've always wanted to try making these but I'm to lazy. I just used sugar, rub my lips together, then lick it off! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michelle, yes I did get it from Daiso! Hahaha long live Daiso! This is just a one time thing. I think I'm too lazy to do this all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! Hahaha (ginawang pagkain? di kasi ako makarelate)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good for the lips! It must be moisturising too..and yummy to lick afterwards hahah

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! thanks for sharing..looks easy and fun to make!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MisterKings, HAHAHA :D

    @Chuui, yes it so moisturizing, with the honey and the olive oil... and yummy indeed! Haha

    @Boxed Up Beauty, so easy! You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is good. I did one time and I was happy with the result. You can lick it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tutorial.. i notice my lips are chapped these days and a simple rub with toothbrush didn't help.. might ask my mom to do this! haha since she likes doing homemade stuff more than i do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @gingerSnap, yeah that's the most fun part!

    Hazel, thanks :) Yes to DIY! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Aya :) This lip scrub is so neat! :D I'm going to have to do this soon b/c I have all these ingredients in my pantry :) It'll keep me busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was one time naoverexfoliate ko ang aking lips to the extend na nagbleed na sila.. urgggg! Will put this on my DIY list! Thanks AYabells!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)