CONNECT

NOTD: Aqua Chic

For one day, my nails were painted with this shining, shimmering under-the-sea shade. Just for one day, yeah. Read on to know why? :)


Nails of the day with Allue nail polish in Aqua Chic. Yeah, I know... Allue is a brand for the younger ones  but, hey, the shade is nice :)


As you can see, the polish doesn't appear very bright in the bottle. I used three coats to get this color. I had to use three coats because this polish has a thin and watery texture. I had to put on more coats to be able to distribute the color evenly. And, of course, as I piled on more layers, the color popped out more. This polish also has some shimmer to it which I think makes it more Little Mermaid-y :)

 

I only had this on my nails for one day, though. Here's the story. A few hours after application, I noticed some parts of the polish were already "disappearing" or chipping off in a weird way... not like the regular chipping manner. Then after a day, I tried to remove it using a nail polish remover but the color didn't come off. I panicked! Then I looked at the ingredients list and saw "Water" as the first ingredient. So  I just washed my nails thoroughly with soap and water and the polish came off easily. No wonder this polish chipped on me after only a few hours. Given that I get my hands wet so many times in one day, I don't really expect this to last on me. I didn't expect it to be water-based because my other Allue polishes aren't water-based. Yeah, I checked. Boo me for failing to notice the "Water-Based Nail Polish" label. LOL.

Not only is this water-based, this polish is also scented! It is indeed geared towards a "younger" crowd. I still like the color, though. I'm gonna look for a similar shade from other brands :]


Sooo, if you're looking for nail polishes that can be removed easily without using acetone (you know, for your kids), you might wanna check out Allue polishes. Just check the ingredients list first 'coz not all Allue polishes are water-based :)

Comments

  1. sadly my allue nail polish separated after a few months only. but theyre pretty cool to use for fun or kikay parties

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, they are  really for kid's party,.. he he he. but i agree that the color is prettty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right? Meant for kids talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww too bad. But I agree with you, they're perfect for slumber parties. ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute shade pa rin naman.. pambata nga lng! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arianna Angeline RodriguezNovember 5, 2011 at 4:40 PM

    Do you know if this safe for one-year-olds? :)

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it :)

    http://nadinenatalin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Under the sea... under the sea... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Para siya to go ng caronia noh... 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aya! try mo yung Sea Green ng Sansan! Ganda non. :P Sayan pambata lang yan pero ganda ng shade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color is cute, suits your skintone :) New Follower btw♥

    Erin
    cerisepink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Onga eh. Next time I drop by HBC, will check that out :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. On the Go? Hmmm not exactly. Kasi this is more blue eh, ung on the go is more green :) But they're both really nice aqua shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Angel! I'm not so sure if it's totally safe eh. Will check and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooohhh! cool color aya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adooorable color. Who cares if they're for kids? Adults deserve adorable colors, too. xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I just recently purchased my first San San Polish -  Sea Green, and I am loving it! Will try this color next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This shade looks a lot like China Glaze's Custom Kicks :) Very much a dupe of it, not with the lasting power part though :/


    Thanks to this post, now I'm gonna try gifting my young kikay niece with this :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Right! I enjoyed it while it lasted. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are lots of interesting shades from San San! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool! :D

    Yeah, this is a really good gift idea :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)