CONNECT

Review: Allue Lip Conditioner

Hello, fellow Earthlings! Today I'm gonna be reviewing this lip conditioner I picked up from HBC (see haul post *here*). Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissatisfied with my Lip Ice Color Changeable Lip Conditioner. It's just that sometimes I want something that's not tinted. I wanted to get the Lip Ice ones but Watsons is 10 minutes away from my place while HBC is just 2 minutes away. Talk about the attack of the lazy :P


Allue products are directed towards "young" customers, say preteens to teens starting out with makeup. That's why almost, if not all, their products have the (sorta) tag line, "My first..." Allue has products like lip glosses and lip palettes, pressed powders, blushes, bronzers, tints, mascaras (and even hair color mascaras),  eyeshadow palettes, nail polishes, etc. - not the heavy-makeup kind, of course. Well, this is definitely not my first lip conditioner. I just couldn't resist the cute packaging of this one. How shallow of me, right? But you already know that! LOL :D

I got mine in the flavor Orange Fizz. They have three variants of this one - orange, vanilla and berry (I think).

Ingredients list. Click to enlarge.
The packaging is cute and girly and would definitely catch the attention of young girls out there.


One thing about the packaging is that it's made of cardboard (except for the lipstick shell) so I have to be careful not to get it wet. As for the product itself, this is what it looks like...


L-R: With flash, without flash
It looks coral in the tube but it actually goes on clear.

Applied on the back of my hand 
T-B: Bare lips, lips with Allue lip conditioner
It has a tiny hint of gloss to it. The smell is nowhere near orange (for me, at least). Oh wait, scratch that. Now that I'm sticking it up in my nose, I can smell a teeny tiny bit of orange there. Teeny tiny. The taste of it kinda bothers me. It tastes (ugggh) artificial. I know I'm not supposed to lick this off but I can't help but do so from time to time, especially when I'm drinking or eating. It doesn't feel waxy on my lips. It has a texture like that of a gloss with definitely less stickiness, if that even makes sense.

As for its conditioning ability, it does keep my lips moisturized. I sometimes apply this before I go to bed and I wake up with soft and smooth lips. It stays for quite a long time on my lips when my lips aren't very "active." I can still taste it after about 5 hours or so, even with lipstick on top of it. It dries easily when I'm talking too much, though.

So to summarize, here are the things that...

I like about this product:
  • Packaging is cute and girly but I have to be careful not to get it wet
  • Does a decent job in keeping my lips moisturized
  • Affordable at only 49.75 Php for 3.5 g of product

I don't like about this product:
  • The taste is so... artificial (for the lack of a better term)
  • Dries after 1-2 hours with constant talking

All in all, I can live without this product. I'm sure there are better products out there but for the price, I think it's a decent lip conditioner. If you're interested with this or any other Allue product (like for your pre/teen daughter), you can get it from HBC. :)

Just a quick review for you all. I have to go now and finish my organic chemistry problem set and many more. Babush! :)

Comments

  1. the packaging is so adorable!!! wow when i saw the tube i thought it was a nude colored lipstick.. i'm really surprised it goes on clear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and I think the cardboard packaging is unique. But I don't like lip products that tastes weird either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree.. the packaging is so eye-catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so its like a nude lipstick at all! nice! nice! I go for coral like kind of shades! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the packaging! cute! :D will check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute packaging and LOL for sticking things under your nose for review! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. sis I'm currenty using Alba lip balm from Healthy options and it's only Php 99.00 so far I like, it's not glossy nor waxy. smells like cherry since I picked the cherry flavor. it tastes a little sweet to almost nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging is soooo cute! :) i love it!

    http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you mentioned you were sticking it up your nose, I had a mental image of you literally sticking it up your nose. LOL sorryy XD

    It's nice that HBC makes these decent quality products for our tween/teen little sisters in makeup. The packaging reminds me of clouds! ♥

    And good luck with that probset! Fight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The packaging is so cute. And the color on the tube looks really nice. If it does the job if keeping your lips moisturized and it's less than 50 bucks, it's a great find then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nisa, right!!! :)

    @Lisa, I was surprised too. I thought it was tinted :)

    @Catmare, the taste is sooooo unpleasant (for me) :(

    @AsianBeauty, true :D

    @I am Certified, it has to appeal to the teenagers eh. Hehehe

    @Jes, yup, that's one reason why I bought it. Haha

    @Everyday Makeup Blog, it is! :D

    @Ar-Ar, it goes on clear, not really nude. :)

    @Beauty Addict, cute no? But mind you, it has a really unpleasant taste :(

    @Sugar, YEAAAH! The things I do for all you guys! Hahaha

    @Hollie, thank you! Will check that out :D

    @Makeup hauls, nice, right? :)

    @Dee, hahaha! When I read your comment, I had the same mmental image. LOL. Thank you! Many more probsets to answer. Hehe

    @Pammy, yup it is. If it weren't for that taste I would've loved this to death. :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually stay away from Allue products cause I also feel like they're targeted more towards younger people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks so cute! where did you get this? :)

    much love,
    thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ow allue. i recently saw this brand when i went to buy my san san polish. their packaging is kinda cute noh?

    ps - review well, study well :)

    have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the tube so much! but it doesn't look that pigmented eh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This products sounds totally fascinating. I love that you buy products that are geared towards the younger people.
    ...
    I do the same thing, sometimes.
    Don't tell anyone.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Mitch, feeling bata ako. Hahaha

    @Pink Margarita, got it from HBC :)

    @Reina, i wanna try San San polishes too. Yeah cute talaga :) And thanks! :D

    @Jennifer, yeah it goes on clear. It's just a lip conditioner anyway :)

    @Bonnie, I guess I'm like Peter Pan. I never grow up. Haha JK :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. just like everybody else, ang cute..pang teens talaga

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Debi, di ba? Hehe feeling teenager lang ako. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. It has caught my attention O_O

    I'm your newest followed btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It has caught my attention O_O

    I'm your newest followed btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. sis I'm currenty using Alba lip balm from Healthy options and it's only Php 99.00 so far I like, it's not glossy nor waxy. smells like cherry since I picked the cherry flavor. it tastes a little sweet to almost nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the packaging! cute! :D will check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Nisa, right!!! :)

    @Lisa, I was surprised too. I thought it was tinted :)

    @Catmare, the taste is sooooo unpleasant (for me) :(

    @AsianBeauty, true :D

    @I am Certified, it has to appeal to the teenagers eh. Hehehe

    @Jes, yup, that's one reason why I bought it. Haha

    @Everyday Makeup Blog, it is! :D

    @Ar-Ar, it goes on clear, not really nude. :)

    @Beauty Addict, cute no? But mind you, it has a really unpleasant taste :(

    @Sugar, YEAAAH! The things I do for all you guys! Hahaha

    @Hollie, thank you! Will check that out :D

    @Makeup hauls, nice, right? :)

    @Dee, hahaha! When I read your comment, I had the same mmental image. LOL. Thank you! Many more probsets to answer. Hehe

    @Pammy, yup it is. If it weren't for that taste I would've loved this to death. :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)