CONNECT

Review: Myra VitaGlow Tinted Facial Moisturizer


Hey everyone, today I'm going to be reviewing Myra's tinted moisturizer. I've already tried and posted a review on the Myra Daily Sun Protect Facial Moisturizer and since I loved it, I figured I'd love their tinted moisturizer, too. They have two shades available - Beige and Ivory. I first bought the beige one but then realized that it's a little too pink for me, so I went back to get the ivory one.
Beige
Ivory
Description (from Myra): Myra VitaGlow Tinted Facial Moisturizer with Minerals and SPF 15. Gives a hint of color and evens out skin tone with a natural coverage. Contains minerals to give your skin a healthy glow. Enriched with Vitamin E to help keep skin soft, healthy, and young-looking. With SPF 15 to protect skin against the sun's harmful rays. Dermatologist-tested. Mild, gentle, and safe for everyday use.

Directions for use: Shake well before use. Gently and evenly apply on face and neck after cleansing. For best results, use daily as your facial moisturizer. Can also be used as a make-up base.

Ingredients: Water, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone vinyl/dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, C12-15 alkyl lactate, glycerin, stearic acid, tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate. May contain talc, mica, iron oxide, CI 77019, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

First off, the packaging. It's packaged in a squeeze-type tube with a small hole so the amount of product dispensed can be easily controlled.


This tube contains 35 ml of product. I got mine for 124.75 Php from Mercury Drugstore. Pretty inexpensive for the amount of product you get. I've been using this several months now and here's what I think about it :)

It has a watery texture. At first it wasn't runny but after a few weeks or so, I noticed that it became runny. So I found that it's really important to shake the tube first before dispensing the product. That'd help even out the consistency of the product and make it less runny. Here are the swatches of the two shades.

Under natural lighting
Semi blended; Under indoor lighting, with flash
Ivory is a tad lighter in shade and has a yellow undertone, while Beige is more on the pink side. This product is indeed moisturizing. It gives a sheer (or natural, as Myra claims) coverage. Since I don't have really clear skin, I don't use this moisturizer alone. I usually use this as a makeup base. Here's what it looks on me.

Click to enlarge
As you can see, it is able to tone down the yellowness of my face a bit, and even out my skin tone. If you zoom in the pic, you will see that the product actually has shimmers. That, I don't like very much. Here's a picture of my hand after using it to apply the moisturizer on my face.


The shimmer-slash-sparkle particles make me look a bit sweaty. I mean, with the dewy finish AND the shimmer, I'm definitely bound to look sweaty. So I usually apply powder or powder foundation over this. Here's what it looks on me after topping it off with the Ever Bilena powder foundation (in Oriental). The shimmer particles are just a bit too "large" for me.

When topped with powder foundation, no concealer.
Click to enlarge
The shimmer is still noticeable but my face is less shiny now. Soooo, as a summary, here are the things that I...

Like about this product:
  • Evens out my skin tone and tone down my yellowness a bit
  • Easy to apply and blend
  • Works great as a makeup base
  • Doesn't dry my face - It feels quite moisturizing on me (I have combination to oily skin).
  • Doesn't make my face too oily - I get about 3 hours of wear with this when topped with Pond's Natural Sheer Pressed Powder.
  • Has a subtle pleasant smell that fades after a while
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Has SPF 15
  • Inexpensive - I got mine for only ~125 Php.
  • Widely available - Available in leading supermarkets, Watsons and Mercury Drugstores. 
Don't like about this product:
  • Only two shades available
  • Has shimmer particles that make me look sweaty
  • Texture becomes runny after a while
So there you have it. Another great product from Myra? Hmmm, I don't know. I'm kind of just in the middle with this one. I haven't tried other tinted moisturizers so I can't compare this with other brands. But all in all, I'm ok with this product :) What do you think? Have you tried this product already? I can do without the shimmer. Personal preference :)

Comments

  1. Wow, it looks really shimmery on your hands but it doesnt show up on your face!
    Becomes runny after while? eeek! Thanks for the review babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to try this but I also read from another review that this do have some shimmer on it, so I skipped it. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @PopBlush, yeah that's why I don't like the consistency very much. But overall, I'm ok with this one. :)

    @Tara, yeah but this doesn't have much coverage :D

    @Hollie, no problem! So you don't like the shimmer too! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this product but the shimmers (my goodness!) make me look like a grease bomb and the scent somewhat annoys me. If only it doesn't have shimmers, it would've been a great everyday product that can sub for foundation. :) Nice review, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love myra e! i have their other moisturizer the untainted one nga lang. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. i tried this product - i liked it! but i hate din the shimmers! :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Pammy, true that!!!

    @Hazel, me too! I have the Sun Protect moisturizer and the regular one. Haha loooove :D

    @Beauty Addict, di ba? They could've made the shimmer a bit more subtle. Hehe but I kinda like the whole product naman :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this too and i also hate the shimmer on it.. sigh^.. uhg..
    nice review, btw.=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't like this! Shimmer DOES NOT EQUAL minerals. I'm really considering selling mine, I don't think I'm gonna use it again ever. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. @AsianBeauty, thank you! A little shimmer is ok, I guess. But this one has quite a lot :/

    @Elaine, aww too bad you didn't like it. Lemme know when you find a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for your comment :) this post came just in time! i was thinking of getting a TM for summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for this review dear. :) i said it before and i'll say it again, i'm skipping this product because i heard it can make the skin break out. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jennifer, you're welcome! :D

    @Sugar, yeah it has some potentially harmful ingredients :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh! i have a classmate who uses this one! she likes it so much. our classroom is always in its high level aka alaska temperature because of the air condition, so this myra moisturizer helps her skin to avoid dryness. looks really good on her.


    maligayang pagkabuhay :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks promising! :) my sis in law gifted me with the laura mercier tinted mositurizer. it's really, really nice but a bit expensive. this is a great alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used this product for a month because after sometime I realized it made my face "cakey" looking so I stopped. Plus I don't like how it shimmers as well!:(

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Reina, haha! I wish I could carry an aircon around with me everywhere I go. LOL but anyway, it's good that she likes this. It does quite a good job in moisturizing my skin as well :D

    @FashionEggplant, yes I've heard some say that too :D

    @Tiffie, ooh, looks like the shimmer's a turnoff for most people. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. the shimmers transfer...i kissed my son and I saw that the shimmers transferred on his cheeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Debi, hahaha did he like the sparkly cheeks? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Debi, hahaha did he like the sparkly cheeks? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Reina, haha! I wish I could carry an aircon around with me everywhere I go. LOL but anyway, it's good that she likes this. It does quite a good job in moisturizing my skin as well :D

    @FashionEggplant, yes I've heard some say that too :D

    @Tiffie, ooh, looks like the shimmer's a turnoff for most people. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for your comment :) this post came just in time! i was thinking of getting a TM for summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Pammy, true that!!!

    @Hazel, me too! I have the Sun Protect moisturizer and the regular one. Haha loooove :D

    @Beauty Addict, di ba? They could've made the shimmer a bit more subtle. Hehe but I kinda like the whole product naman :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i tried this product - i liked it! but i hate din the shimmers! :/

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love myra e! i have their other moisturizer the untainted one nga lang. :))

    ReplyDelete
  26. May white cast pala sya. But that's to be expected kasi super high ng titanium dioxide. Which means it has good sun protection! Anyway, I think good toh for everyday use when you know you're not gonna take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  27. are u using the red one? it is ok after u wash ur face them applied the red myra e then this one, is that will look ok?? tnx

    ReplyDelete
  28. i hope u can rely . ASAP tnx

    ReplyDelete
  29. i hope u can reply . ASAP tnx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What red one? The regular Myra moisturizer? That one doesn't have coverage at all, it will just moisturize your face.

    ReplyDelete
  31. yah i`ve been using the red one myra e which is the regular one, im using that after i cleansed my face. My question is, is it okey after u wash ur face then applied the red one (which is the regular moisturizer myra-e) then pwede kaya mag applied nito
    Myra VitaGlow Tinted Facial Moisturizer ok lang po ba yun ?? tnx for that. :]

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yeah, I believe it's ok to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. ah okk try ko po ito vitaglow after i moisturizer my face, this will served na rin cguro as a foundation diba po ba?

    ReplyDelete
  34. This has a very very light coverage lang. If you have clear skin already and not too many blemishes to cover up then this will be fine. But I wouldn't exactly call it a substitute for foundation :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. ah ok po. salamat :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)