CONNECT

Review: Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks

This one is a super duper late post. Ever Bilena is a local brand, btw :)

Ok, so I've just gotten some EB matte lipsticks. I know what you're thinking... "Late much?" But hey, it's never too late to join the bandwagon! ;]

As of this moment, I have three of the twelve shades available.

Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks in
Mirrored Mocha, Mauvey, Siennas
I have these shades - Mirrored Mocha, Mauvey and Siennas. I got the first two on the last week of March which was also the last week of the 99-peso-sale on these lippies. The SA told me that the price would go back up from 99 to 135 Php come April.

These are my first Ever Bilena lipsticks and I have to say... they really deserve all those raves! At least, I think they do. 

Packaging
The packaging is just ok for me. I don't hate it. I especially like the shade thingy on the top, though. I can easily see the shades without having to open the tubes. Very convenient.

L-R: Mirrored Mocha, Mauvey
Siennas
Swatches:

T-B: With flash, without flash;
L-R: Mirrored Mocha, Mauvey, Siennas
Mirrored Mocha - brown with a hint of red
Mauvey - pale pink, nude-ish
Siennas - red, not so deep

I'm sorry if my color descriptions suck. Hahaha! You can just look at the swatches. ;P

Mirrored Mocha
Mauvey
Siennas
What I like:
  • The shades are nice. There are 12 shades to choose from.
  • Staying power is quite long. Doesn't transfer easily. The color remains evident even after eating and drinking. Of course, since they are matte, they have relatively longer staying power compared to sheer, satin and creamy lipsticks. 
  • They have no unpleasant lipstick scent or taste. 
  • The packaging is decent. Love that it shows the actual shade of the lipstick on the cover.
  • The price. They were on sale for 99 Php. Now they're back up to 135 Php which I think is still pretty affordable.
  • Availability. They're pretty much everywhere!
What I don't like: 
  • Can be drying since they are matte.
  • Don't glide on very smoothly on the lips, again, since they are matte.
  • The nude shades leave a thin film on the insides of my lips after several hours.
I really like these lipsticks and I'm gonna get me some other shades so expect to see those in my future haul posts. Also expect to see Mirrored Mocha in my future FOTDs because it's the one I reach out for every time I go out lately :)

Have you tried any of these matte lipsticks from Ever Bilena? What do you think of them? :) 

Comments

  1. I love the EB Matte Lipsticks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one! :))

    But I love Siennas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving Siennas! :) Really pretty shade! I have never tried EB matte lipsticks before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shade Mauvey~ A lovely sheer pink shade <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siennas is such a pretty color. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jes, do too!

    @Mitch, the one you have (Love that Red)... I'll get that next time! :)))

    @Rainy Days and Lattes, thank you! :D

    @PopBlush, it's nice pink nude. Love it :)

    @Jan, thank you! :D

    @Pammy, yeah! <3 it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the mauvey and will buying the other colors soon...and yeah it is very drying but with a good lip balm it can be manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh i've never heard of the brand before -_- ang ganda!!!!!!!!!!! i love the mauvey tsaka siennas! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Debi, true that! :)

    @Donna, it's a local brand. This particular lipstick line is quite well-raved :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know they went on sale sayang!! i love the shades you bought! tamang tama i'm looking for lipsticks to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of lipsticks (I always end up eating them once applied on my lips haha). But maybe it's time for me to try! :>

    ReplyDelete
  12. the mirrored mocha and siennas looks good on your lips!

    i have the scarlet one naman, yung pinaka red. wala na stocks mga ibang colors. pero yung scarlet, i like it so much. yun nga lang drying no?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Hazel, try them :D Mura pa. Hehehe

    @Khlaren, lol I used to do that too. I hated the waxy feeling. Good thing lippies nowadays aren't so "waxy" anymore. Hehe

    @Reina, MM is my fave! Yeah scarlet, ung medyo orange? Ya drying kaya I always always put on balm under it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mauvey looks fantasticccc, my fave!

    xxo
    christina
    http://www.laviitachristina.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Christina, it's a nice nude pink shade :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love EB Matter lipstick! I have Mauvey and Scarlet. Siennas looks good :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love EB Matter lipstick! I have Mauvey and Scarlet. Siennas looks good :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not a big fan of lipsticks (I always end up eating them once applied on my lips haha). But maybe it's time for me to try! :>

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Debi, true that! :)

    @Donna, it's a local brand. This particular lipstick line is quite well-raved :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Jes, do too!

    @Mitch, the one you have (Love that Red)... I'll get that next time! :)))

    @Rainy Days and Lattes, thank you! :D

    @PopBlush, it's nice pink nude. Love it :)

    @Jan, thank you! :D

    @Pammy, yeah! <3 it :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've tried the offbeat pink shade. 

    h,mmmm..I like the color but it has a tendency na mamuo or maybe my lips are just dry? I dunno.. It stays long. 

    Just wanna ask din pala. I don't use lipsticks often so I'm not quite good at picking brands or shades. I'd like to ask how I can know which one would suit me well. The matte lipsticks or yung mga nagshimmer? I noticed kasi na nadry talaga lips ko and super namumuo talaga. 

    I hope you can respond tothis. Thanks for this post !!! 

    http://jill-des.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. mirrored mocha's nice :) maybe i'll buy one too..
    check out the shades that i bought..http://karenumaly.tumblr.com/post/13152815553/ever-bilena-matte-lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yey! Mauvey is really nice, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jill! Yeah, there's a tendency na namumuo sa lips kahit sa akin :)

    I try to avoid using frosted or shimmery lipsticks when my lips are dry and chapped kasi mas nagmumukhang obvious ung cracks kapag frosted. Try using mattes. And don't forget to apply lip balm underneath it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is!!! It's one of my fave shades :D

    I just read your post. Off Beat Pink is now on my list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. try using lip balm first before going to sleep and before applying any lipstick to avoid dry lips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)