CONNECT

Review: Avon ColorBliss Sparkles Lipstick

As promised, here's a review of one of my new lipsticks from Avon's Simply Pretty ColorBliss Sparkles Lipstick line. You might have seen this lipstick back in my mini haul post *here.*


I got mine in the shade Candy Twinkle. This shade just caught my eye while I was browsing through the catalog. I usually go with pink lippies so I decided to go with this one for a change. :)

Shade: Candy Twinkle
This one looks orange-red in the tube but when swatched, it's actually a nice sparkly orange-coral shade. I actually didn't expect it to be this sparkly. Hahaha, stupid me. Hello??? ColorBliss "Sparkles" lipstick?

Here's a close-up of the lipstick. See the sparkles?

Close-up
When swatched on my arm...

L-R: With flash, without flash
Here's another one where the sparkles are more obvious.

The one on the right is Candy Twinkle.
Don't mind the other one for now. ^^/
It goes on sheer but the color is buildable. I, for one, am not a fan of sheer lippies. I don't like piling on layer after layer and end up with lipstick settling on the lines of my lips. Here's what it looks like on my lips. The sparkly finish is not quite obvious in the pics but it really is in real life.

T-B: After 2 coats, after more than 2 coats;
The sparkles are not that obvious in the pics.
Too sheer for my taste but it does give my lips a hint of coral. It also doesn't settle on the lines of my lips even after several coats, which is a good thing. It easily transfers but when I don't eat or drink too much, I get 4-5 hours of wear with this one.

What I like:
  • The shade is really nice.
  • Glides on smoothly on the lips.
  • No weird lipstick scent.
  • Doesn't dry my lips.
  • Doesn't settle on the lip lines.
  • For a sheer lipstick, it has decent staying power if you just let it be - no drinking, eating or kissing anything/anyone (?).
  • Packaging is "simply pretty." Really simple but not cheap-looking. The shade can be found at the bottom of the tube.
  • Inexpensive, priced at 130 Php for 4 g of product.
What I don't like:
  • Too sheer for my taste. Takes me more than 3 coats to get the color I want.
  • Easily transfers.
  • The sparkles don't come off as easily as the color does. I get sparkly all over - around my lips, my cheeks, my jawline... But is that really a bad thing? Haha!
Honestly, I don't see myself getting this one or any shade from the ColorBliss Sparkles line again. But I do love the other Simply Pretty lipstick that I got (Pink Rose, also seen in my Avon haul post). It's not a CBS lipstick, though. I'll do a separate review on that one. :D

What do you think about this lippy?

Comments

  1. i love the color of the lipstick <3 its very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! :) I'm loving the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty on your lips. I love sheer lippies. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange lips are actually a huge thing! :) Nice buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love red lipstick, but it turn kinda orangey on ur lips, but still pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the shade but i, too, am not a fan of sheer lipstick! :|

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Augustalolita, it really is! :D

    @Rainy Days and Lattes, glad you like this :)

    @Pammy, thank you! I'm more of the opaque lipstick type. Hehehe

    @Michelle, thanks :) I love the shade but the sheerness, not much. :\

    @Fleurcoco, yep, this one is an orange-coral shade :D

    @Hazel, glad I'm not the only one! Haha :D But the shade really is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shade...I also love the simply pretty collections...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that shade- a lovely coral :D Too bad its too sheer for you ;/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ahne, me too! They're really nice:D

    @PopBlush, yeah, I'm not a fan of the sheerness but I still use this one coz I like the shade :)

    @Nadine, thanks! I really love this shade too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! i thought it is red...its promising but I am not into sparkly sparkly...my son might get curious of the sparkles..lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the color and it's sooo cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, I want to try that color too. So far, among the same line, I am loving my Pampering Pink and Graceful Nude. Check my blog about top 5 favorite lipsticks. http://makeuppinay.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-5-favorite-lipsticks.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Avon Lipstick! most of my lipsticks i purchased from Avon.. but i don't have any simple pretty lines though.. i should try it now.. i love how that lipstick doesn't dry up your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Debi, it looks red in the tube, right? That's why I was a bit surprised when I swatched it. The shade is really nice, though :D And your son, he just might. Haha! But good thing about this one is that it's not over sparkly. :)

    @FashionEggplant, yep it really is! That's one of the major things I like about it. :D

    @Linrose, oooh yours sound nice! Just checked your post and left a comment :) Try Candy Twinkle too :D

    @AsianBeauty, it doesn't dry my lips and I love that about it. It's because it's sheer. Try the Simply Pretty products. They're pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks foe the review! this looks like a pretty shade and it's good that you're trying other lippies. =) i think you'll be reviewing the other lippie you swatched so i'll be waiting for your next review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Sugar, yep I will be posting a review on that one (which I love!). Thank you! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  18. The lipstick looked a little scary at first, like really bright orange. But I think it looks beautiful on you! Love coral lipsticks :) I'll think twice when dismissing orange toned lippies now!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's nice, doesn't look too bold but still it looks sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. avon lippies always make the prettiest colors that suits every pinay skin tone. i love how you reviewed all your avon lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Chuui, thank you! I thought it would be really orange at first too. Turned out to be sheer but I still like the shade :D

    @Jenggay, thanks! :D

    @Reina, their lipsticks are awesome! :) Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Avon products. They have all sorts of products that everyone can select depends on one's style and mood. And I love that they represent the essence of being a women.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)