CONNECT

Pretty Little Liars Hairstyle - Hanna's Side Braid and Loose End Waves


PLL is one of the TV shows that I'm currently into. What I love most about this show are the characters' makeup, the nails and, of course, the hairstyles.  


In last week's episode (Episode 18 - The Badass Seed), Ashley Benson, who plays Hanna Marin, wore this hairstyle. The main features of this do are the side braid that stops just above the ear, and the loose end waves. It's simple but I love it.

How to do this? Read on.


I'm not quite sure what kind of braid she's wearing but for simplicity's sake, let's just say that it's a French braid. A side French braid is just easy to do once you get the hang of it. Part a small front section of your hair sideways and French-braid it into a headband. (Read my post *here* if you want to learn how to create a braided headband.) Proceed with the French braid down to about 2 inches from the ear and continue with a regular braid until you reach the ends. To conceal the end of the braid, tuck it under the nearest section of loose hair and secure with a bobby pin. Leave the part of the braid just above the ear visible.


For the loose end waves, you can use a curling iron or hair rollers, preferably those that are around an inch in diameter. Or if you have a flat iron, that would work just fine if you know how to curl using it. Loosely curl the lower half of the hair, curling a small section of hair at a time.


What do you think? Are you going to try this look sometime? 

Click *HERE* to see my Hair-of-the-Day post with this hairstyle :)

Comments

  1. I don't watch this show, but the girls are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister can do this to her hair but i don't think i can pull it off as i have very thin hair! :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do watch pretty little liars, and honestly, I don't exactly take time to notice their hairstyle, but I do stare at their makeup...lol

    that hairstyle is really cute for my younger sister, but she just had her hair rebonded...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love hair styles like this but it never looks right on me! Sigh..but they're still pretty on other people :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @EveryDay Makeup blog, yes they really are! I love their makeup the most :D

    @sugar sugar, oh i'm sure you'll look good in anything. ;)

    @Hollie, yeah I do that too! "Stare" is so the right word. Hahaha!

    @Chuui, me too... I wish I can do this to my hair. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh she has great hair! ^^
    i think i mite try it wen my bangs grow out haha
    just got them cut!
    thanks for commenting & following, hun
    followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Grace, me too! :D

    @Lara, I'm also growing out my hair right now. Then I can try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love braiding my bangs and i had a digi perm last year so that i wont use curling irons again. saves time with my daily routine, but a lot of hair products to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is perfect for summer! i wish my hair is long by then.. so i could also try this

    ReplyDelete
  10. @REINAoooh perm. I've always wanted wavy hair but I don't do anything about it. Hahaha.

    @Hazel, me too! Growing out my hair now. Will definitely try this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ur blog is fab! Cant believe i just stumbled on it now.

    I love the hairstyle. It looks so romantic! Imma watch PLL now!!! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Yulia and Char, thanks for visiting my blog! I love this hairstyle too :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice!I used to wear that in high school but someone else did it for me. Great site!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Timeless Confection, nice! My hair's not long enough for this yet but I will def. try this in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. as much as i want to i can't because my hair is too thin. LOL! x)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Timeless Confection, nice! My hair's not long enough for this yet but I will def. try this in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Yulia and Char, thanks for visiting my blog! I love this hairstyle too :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahhh she has great hair! ^^
    i think i mite try it wen my bangs grow out haha
    just got them cut!
    thanks for commenting & following, hun
    followed back :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)