CONNECT

Review: Ellana Mini Brush Set

I recently ordered a travel makeup brush kit from Ellana. I figured that this mini brush set would be perfect for starters like me.

Description (from Ellana): Always be ready for a quick touch up anytime with this super cute and handy brush set that comes in a size that fits into any purse. Each fine-bristled brush is no more than 3 inches each. Comes with a soft velveteen pouch.

Here's what the set consists of.

L-R: Foundation brush, eyeshadow brush, slanted eyeliner brush/eyebrow brush, lash comb
The set comes with a pouch
These brushes are synthetic - the foundation, eyeshadow, lip and slanted liner brushes are made from nylon. The foundation brush is a little less than two and a half inches long from the tip of the ferrule to the bottom of the handle. That should give you an idea how short these brushes are.

These brushes are all soft and not scratchy. My favorite brush from this set is the foundation brush. It's small but it does the job well. It's soft, not streaky, and it glides smoothly on the skin. I also like the lip brush, but I still prefer my Victoria's Secret lip brush which is just a little wider. Both lip brushes are nice and perfectly dense. The slanted brush works fine but it's not as stiff as I want it to be. As for the eyeshadow brush, I like how dense it is. It's good for packing color on the lids but not quite for blending. Sometimes I have difficulty in picking up color from powder eyeshadow using this brush but I find that it all really depends on the pigmentation of the eyeshadow. I use this mostly for cream products. Over all, I'd say this is a good brush set for starters like me :)

This 5-pc brush set costs 450 Php. Here are some more pics to end this post.

The slanted eyeliner brush looks thin from this angle

Comments

  1. Wow brushes! I'm curious, how do you clean those things so it's bacteria-free all day long? You don't want those nasty bacteria on your face, do you? -Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cream Puff, I spot clean them using a brush cleanser after use then wash them once every two weeks. (I don't use them everyday, anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I like how small they are - can fit them into anything.

    http://www.oddandchic.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Odd and Chic, yeah! The foundation brush is my fave coz it's supah cute! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these brushes. Super cute and pocket friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @gingerSnap, yep they're really small. I was surprised nga when I got them. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. @gingerSnap, yep they're really small. I was surprised nga when I got them. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these brushes. Super cute and pocket friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @The Odd and Chic, yeah! The foundation brush is my fave coz it's supah cute! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow brushes! I'm curious, how do you clean those things so it's bacteria-free all day long? You don't want those nasty bacteria on your face, do you? -Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Cream Puff, I spot clean them using a brush cleanser after use then wash them once every two weeks. (I don't use them everyday, anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  12. san po ako pwd makabili ng 5pcs mini brushes n yan..like ko po talaga xa..?

    ReplyDelete
  13. san po ako pwd makabili ng cute na mini ellana brushes n yan?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheryl, please check out Ellana's website here: http://ellanaminerals.com/ :))You can order from them online. I think they are also a part of SM Manila Weekend Bazaar so check them out there if you don't want to order online :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thnk u...ur so sweet..^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)