CONNECT

Review: CoverGirl TruShine Lipstick

It's 3 am and I can't sleep so here I am writing my thoughts on this lipstick I purchased recently. I tried to veer away from my usual pink-based lipsticks and purchased a nude one.

CoverGirl Trushine - Nude Shine (#470)
CoverGirl Trushine in Nude Shine is of a beige-peach color. It's a sheer lipstick and it will not totally conceal your natural lip color but it will leave just a hint of color to the lips and a glossy finish, perfect for those who are aiming for a very natural look without too much coverage.


What I love about this lipstick is it's soft and creamy consistency. It's easy to apply as it glides on really smoothly on the lips and it doesn't leave my lips dry.

What I don't like about this lipstick is that it melts easily! When I got mine, it was already a bit soft. When I apply it directly from the tube, the lipstick gets pushed toward the edge of the tube so when I twist or turn the base to retract the lipstick, the rim of the tube sort of "scrapes" the lipstick. Maybe it's just a packaging problem or I just got a bad tube, I don't know, but not only is it messy, it is also a waste of lipstick! Using a lip brush helps lessen the mess but I have to be really gentle not to push the lipstick too much. I guess I can try storing it in the fridge or somewhere cold.

I was looking for a nude lipstick that can cover my lips well and even out my natural lip color but Nude Shine is quite sheer so I use it together with Etude House's Soft Touch Auto Lipliner #02. Perfect match! All in all, I am happy with this lipstick as it gives me really nude lips. 

Here's how it looks on me.

CoverGirl Nude Shine (swatched on bare lips)
CoverGirl Trushine lipsticks have already been discontinued (I don't know since when) but I got mine on eBay for only 100 Php (exclusive of shipping). It is, in fact, my first ever eBay purchase! :D

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first eBay purchase!

    Maybe you should be all the more delicate when applying the lipstick. But then again, one cannot be that delicate, I mean, you can never put too much lipstick right?

    Maybe you can also do a makeup tutorial video on YouTube. Will subscribe to that as well! -Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Revlon Colorburst in Soft Nude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Peach Shine. It's a very pretty color! I'm sure it'll look great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cream Puff: Thank you. Hahaha! You're my no. 1 fan. LOL

    @Nadine Natalin and Pammy: Thanks for the suggestions! Will check 'em out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cream Puff: Thank you. Hahaha! You're my no. 1 fan. LOL

    @Nadine Natalin and Pammy: Thanks for the suggestions! Will check 'em out :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try Peach Shine. It's a very pretty color! I'm sure it'll look great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try Revlon Colorburst in Soft Nude :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first eBay purchase!

    Maybe you should be all the more delicate when applying the lipstick. But then again, one cannot be that delicate, I mean, you can never put too much lipstick right?

    Maybe you can also do a makeup tutorial video on YouTube. Will subscribe to that as well! -Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I will reply to you as soon as I can :)